“What is man that you are mindful of him, and a son of man that you care for him? Yet you have made him little less than a god, crowned him with glory and honour” - Psalm 8, 5-6
- The human person; through the lens of philosophical anthropology
- The relationship between science and religion
- The supposed undermining of faith by modern scientific insights
- Sources of contemporary issues that pose challenges for Christians today
- Ways to address these contemporary issues
Over this weekend seminar there were -
- Interactive lectures by Dr Jaume Nararro (Research Professor at the University of the Basque Country) who will be the key note speaker during this weekend seminar. He will give lectures relating to the main themes for this seminar; man, faith and science.
- Talks on spiritual topics, an opportunity to grow in your understanding the the Catholic faith
- Guided meditations given by a priest of Opus Dei
Dr Jaume (James) Navarro is Ikerbasque Research Professor at the University of the Basque Country. Specialising in Physics, Philosophy and the History of Science, he has spent several years in international research at the University of Cambridge, Imperial College London, the Max Planck Institute for the History of Science and the University of Exeter.
He is author, among other books, of Ether and Modernity (Oxford University Press, 2018) and A History of the Electron (Cambridge University Press, 2012), as well being editor of Science and Faith within Reason (Ashgate Science and Religion Series, 2011).